Content Management for Websites
When our clients want to be able to update & maintain their own web sites, we integrate the coding into WordPress, a fully featured, easy to use Content Management System (CMS).
WordPress utilises a 'What You See Is What You Get' (WYSWYG) interface. You simply type in your content and the software does the work for you. With 'One-Click' editing on every page updating your website is as easy as 1..2..3.
You can manage your website from anywhere e.g. from the comfort of your home, at work or even while you are sitting in the train station with your laptop and a wireless connection. In fact you can use it anywhere you have access to a computer, laptop, iPad or mobile phone and an internet connection. No additional software is required and the CMS can be used by as many people as you want.
Benefits of a CMS
Some of the many benefits:
You can update, change & edit your website content & images.
- As and when you wish without the expense of a web designer.
- Can be used by one person or a team - no need to buy new software for each person who updates the site.
- Update your site anywhere you can access the web.
- Large variety of plugins to extend your site's functionality.
Search engine optimised pages.
- Allows the input of unique title, description and keyword tags for each page with a plugin. A must have for search engine optimisation.
- SEO friendly URLs.
- Dynamic Site map.
'What You See Is What You Get' (WYSWYG).
- The software translates your content into code so there is no need to know HTML.
Upload documents and images.
- Upload documents to your site and make them available for download.
- Upload images to your site as required.
- Move images within pages and mainipulate/resize on the fly.
- Website stats via Google analytics (we'll even setup your Google analytics account if you don't already have one).
- Cookie script and policy to comply with the EU cookie law.
WordPress (and it's plugins) like any other software need to be kept up to date.
Our WordPress maintenance package covers the following:
- Updates: We will ensure that your site is updated each time WordPress releases a minor or major update after checking if it is compatible with your plugins (or straight away in the case of security updates). We will also monitor plugins and update these as they become compatible with the latest WordPress version (or straight away in the case of security updates).
- Conflict Resolution: Where the WordPress core or a plugin update causes the site to go down or where a conflict arises, we will restore the site to it's previous (fully working) version or disable the plugin causing the issue and look to resolve the conflict before updating again.
- Backups: We will take regular site backups.
- Security: We will continuously monitor site security and let you know if any issues occur, including plugin security issues e.g. if a plugin is removed from the WordPress repository due to security concerns or when it is no longer being updated and could lead to a security risk.
Contact us for a customised quote.